Investigative Committee Dismissed the Case of Pavel Dabravolski

28.04.2016 Source: Press service of BAJ, according to TUT.by

After three months’ check-up, the investigative committee dismissed the claim of TUT.by journalist Pavel Dabravolski that he had been unjustly beaten in court building.

Investigative officer Siamion Pitsko failed to find crime components in the actions of the police officers. The conclusion says that the journalist led to think he was a perpetraror, and the physical force was applied according to art. 22, 22 and 25 of the Law on the Law Enforcement Agencies.

Testimonies of the police officers and of the correspondent differ cardinally. The police officers’ testimony say he did not present press credentials, and was not recognized as a journalist. The journalist interfered into officer’s actions, shouted insults and pulled the officers by the clothes. The bruises on the journalist’s body may have appeared when the officers tried to fix him against the wall and on the floor. The recordings on the cell phone made by Pavel Dabravolski were insignificant for the check-up.

Фото: Вадим Замировский, TUT.BY

The journalist claims he demonstrated his press accreditation and was accredited by the court press officer. Both the journalist and the two detained activists claim that there were no grounds for beating. The forensic conclusion says that the journalist suffered at least six traumatic hits by a blunt object causing light bodily injuries having no impact on health (ecchymosis on the left eyebrow, on the bottom of the jaw, on the shoulder and several near upper hipbone).

One of the officers of a special squad Shyshko A.A., who was involved in the beating and who testified against the journalist, has been caught in perjury recently in a politically motivated trial.


On January 25, the journalist of TUT.by portal was standing outside the courtroom where the case of graffitists was considered. He saw that two people – Pavel Siarhei and Maxim Shytsik were taken forcefully out of the court room, and he started to record it with a video camera. He was detained together with the activists.

According to the HRC Viasna, the detainees were beaten straight in the adjacent room – the sounds were heard in the courtroom. The same day, they were taken to the police department, charged with art. 24.1 (contempt of court) and art. 23.4 (disobeying lawful demands of officials). Then the detainees were taken to the Frunzenski district court. Pavel Dabravolski was fined for 45 basic amounts (9 450 000 rubles) (under articles 23.4 and 17.1 (hooliganism) - corrected), Pavel Siarhei – for 50 basic amounts (10 500 000 rubles). The judge was Maria Yerokhina, the witness – the police officer Siarhei Kavalchuk, who is said to have taken part in the beating. The fines were upheld upon appeal.

Journalist Beaten in Court Building

BAJ Demands Criminal Investigation into the Fact of Beating a Journalist

Journalists Petition to Investigate the Beating Case

In the Beating Case, Fine against Journalist Upheld on Appeal

OSCE Representative condemns police violence against journalist in Belarus and reiterates call on authorities to stop persecuting members of media

EFJ: Belarus detains and fines journalist for filming police attacking protesters


Ministry of Information Replies to Petition: Journalist Interfered with Police’s Actions

Andrei Bastunets Speaks in Editors’ Club

Читать полностью:  http://news.tut.by/society/494467.html