BAJ joins celebrations of the World Press Freedom Day and expresses words of support and gratitude to those who stick to principles of professional and conscientious journalism.
This year, Belarusian journalists have faced with excessive pressure from officials – over 130 incidents o detentions, administrative cases, searches and warnings have been registered by our monitoring service. Still, we hope that none pressure can prevent journalists from professional work.
Today, BAJ traditionally announces the winners of the professional contest of BAJ for journalists Volnaye Slova (Free Word). The awarding ceremony has been held today at the gallery “Ў” in Minsk.
Also, today the exhibition of the winners of the World Press Photo is to be launched at 5 pm at the gallery of Cekh (Kastrychnitskaya street, 16), and it will work until May 24.
Winners of Volnaye Slova 2017:
1. Siarhei Malinouski, Komsomolskaya Pravda v Belorussii, “Sergey Mikhalok: the fat boy with harmonica has not gone away – he is in my mind” (Ru)
2. Adarja Hushtyn, Naviny.by, “Democracy is in England, here you stay three meters away from the table” (Ru)
3. Uladz Shviadovich, Iryna Arakhouskaya, Nasha Niva, “Nazira and Mansour. Why they flee?" (By)
1. Viktar Martsinovich, Die Zeit, “A short course of totalitarian linguistics” (Ge)
2. Yahor Martsinovich, Nasha Niva, “110 candidates to be “elected” to Parliament — check after the elections” (By)
3. Ruslan Harbachou, Salidarnasc, “What the “gold rain” has led to, pouring over Lukashenko’s small homeland” (Ru)
1. Aliaksandr Fiaduta, Naviny.by, Cycle “Lukashenko’s five electoral campaigns” (Ru)
2. Maria Bulavinskaya, Belsat, "Over the system" (By)
3. Vital Tsyhankou, Radio Svaboda, “To prevent “Minsknash”: to change the Russian literature for world literature in schools” (By)
1. Artsiom Harbatsevich, Nasha Niva, “Belarusian school pupils sent to Russia training camps guided by neo-Nazis” (By)
5. Siarhei Sys, Svobodnyje Novosti Plus, Cycle “Secrets of the shooting corridor” (By)
2. Maryna Koktysh, Narodnaya Volya, “Case of Evgeniy Mikolutski” (Ru)
1. Katsiaryna Bakhvalava, Radio Svaboda, “We came to visit your Bac’ka — Russian troops near the Belarusian border” (By)
2. Victoria Kapskaya, Imena, “Parents, are you crazy? Why 11-year-old Polina from Slutsk did not believe that a family would be found for her” (Ru)
3. Alesia Malakovich, Intex-press, “Gypsy baron Nikolay Bazylevich from Baranavichy: “I dream that my grandson become a judge” (Ru)