Праграма дыялогу і падвышэння кваліфікацыі для маладых лідараў прагрэсіўных ці грамадскіх дэмакратычных моладзевых арганізацый, маладых членаў парламента, малодшых дзяржаўных службовых асоб або актыўных прадстаўнікоў грамадзянскай супольнасці з Арменіі, Азербайджана, Беларусі, Грузіі, Германіі, Малдовы, Расіі і Украіны.
THIRD EASTERN EUROPEAN ACADEMY FOR SOCIAL DEMOCRACY
dialogue and qualification program for young leaders of progressive parties or social democratic youth organizations, young members of Parliament, junior government officials or active citizens of civil society from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Germany, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine
The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Regional Office “Dialogue Eastern Europe” jointly with the Country Office in the Republic of Moldova invites progressive young leaders between 25 and 35 years to apply for the third edition of the Eastern European Academy for Social Democracy, which will take place from 14th till 20th of May 2017 in Chisinau, Moldova.
While the first two Academies were focused on social-democratic values in modern international politics and economic development of Eastern Europe, the third Academy will concentrate on the outcomes of the Association Agreements between the EU and the countries of the Eastern Partnership as well as the prospects of the future cooperation with Armenia, Belarus, Azerbaijan, and Russia and will give a deeper insight of the benefits and challenges the Agreement had in the Moldovan case. The Academy will give an opportunity to communicate with the main actors of the Association implementation in Moldova and will enable to determine the strengths and weaknesses of the Eastern Partnership.
Goals of the program:
• The Academy is primarily aimed at around 25 candidates who are committed to social democratic values, and who are interested in strengthening the political dialogue between their nations and the bilateral relations of their home countries with Germany and the European Union.
• Besides promoting peaceful dialogue, mutual understanding and the exchange of social democratic policies the academy offers participatory workshops on practical key competences and soft skills.
• Furthermore, the program will provide a deep insight into the political situation of the respective host country and high level discussions with politicians and civil society experts.
• The Academy takes place three times per year in different countries of the region with changing topics and workshops.
• It is based on a growing, sustainable network of Eastern European future leaders who are willing to facilitate dialogue orientated processes in connecting young, committed, and progressive people who are open to find new ideas on how to cooperate within Europe.
• Each academy includes not only an exchange on a certain thematical issue, but also practical courses and trainings on soft skills such as strategic planning, moderating or conflict management.
• Participants of previous editions are welcome to apply for future Academies as well. The sustainable work with alumni as well as the creation of a strong progressive network within the project region plays a significant role and require a long-term commitment by the participants. That includes willingness and competence in organizing political contact programs in your country on the national and regional layer – together with the organizers of the program.
• The overall working language is English. All costs related to the program will be covered by the organizers.
Candidates’ requirements for participation
• Citizenship of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Germany, Moldova, the Russian Federation, or Ukraine.
• Between 25 and 35 years of age.
• Command of English language.
• Young leader in a progressive political party or a social democratic youth organization; young member of Parliament, junior government official or activist in civil society.
• Willingness to support organizing an interesting and target orientated program in the candidate’s own country for the other participants of the program when the academy will take place there.
• Willingness to actively take part in alumni activities in order to help to create a growing, sustainable network of alumni.
Process of application
• To apply, please fill in the application form by April, 25, 2017.
• Short listed candidates will be invited to a Skype interview throughout April-May 2017.
• Please note that the organizers aim to ensure a gender balance of participants in the program.